Thursday, March 24, 2011

Upgraded Droid Incredible to Cyanogen 7.0 RC2

I was finally able to upgrade my phone to Cyanogen 7.0 RC2 after a number of failed attempts. I would keep getting an error about a bad character in the update.zip script.
I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Running extendedcommand...
Waiting for SD Card to mount (20s)
SD Card mounted...
I:Running script:
I:
ui_print("ROM Manager Version 3.0.1.0");
ui_print("Preparing to install ROM...");
run_program("/sbin/touch", "/tmp/.installscript");
format("/cache");
format("/data");
format("/sd-ext");
install_zip("/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.teamdouche.net/get/inc/update-cm-7.0.0-RC1-Inc-signed.zip");
install_zip("/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip");
line 1: unexpected character at 'u'
Syntax error in update script
I first tried a couple of ways to fix this with a fix permissions, wipe cache, then wipe dalvik cache, but in the end, I ended up expanding the SD partition to the maximum size which made me lose all of my backups.  As dumb luck would have it when I forced the install of the zip from SD (both the cyanogen and google apps zips) I ended up with a non working device.  I kept seeing the skateboarding Android for about 4-5 minutes before he would skate up again and again.  I decided that I needed to perform a factory reset from within the clockworkmod recovery.  Afterwards, I had a very nicely operating Cyanogen 7.0.